What is a Virtual Assistant?
Virtual assistants (typically abbreviated to VA) are self-employed, independent contractors who provide professional administrative assistance to multiple clients remotely from a home office. Since you only hire a VA when you need them, it is a great money and time saver for you; they can take care of a lot of tasks that are time consuming for you, leaving you free to focus on your business or your personal life. Book a free 15-minute consultation or hire Lucy!
If you don’t see your needs listed below, just ask! I love a good challenge.
Have you noticed there are a lot of choices out there for everything from which can of chicken noodle soup to buy to hotel choices in downtown San Francisco to picking a caterer for an upcoming event? Leave the research to Lucy and she’ll make your upcoming projects and related decisions a breeze. Research services include:
- In-depth online and telephone research—This is a frequent request! Once a problem is identified, Lucy will do the research to determine the best options to solve the problem, find a resolution, or make a decision.
- Travel research and reservations—Arrange your travel plans for both business and pleasure.
- Event planning and coordination—Venue finding & confirmation/collating attendees & documents/on-site support.
- Networking/referrals—Do you need a graphic designer? A handyman? Another type of service provider? Lucy can connect you up. This is another frequent request handled by Lucy.
Organization and Time-Management
Whether for your business or personal life, we’ve got a lot to keep organized. Leave it all to Lucy to keep you organized and on-time so you can focus on the more important things in your work and personal life. Services include:
- Basic bookkeeping/financial data entry—Setting you up in Mint to track expenses. Prepping for taxes.
- Diary/calendar management—Scheduling meetings, adding upcoming events, setting appointments.
- Accountability—I help you keep on track and on time. Just call Lucy your friendly nudge! Lots of requests for this service!
Life Strategies Coaching
In addition to her organizational and business management skills, Lucy can help you work through the stuff holding you back from your full potential.
P.S. Did you also know she is certified in stress management and medical hypnotherapy? She brings a well rounded approach to helping you.
Office Assistance (Business or Personal)
You could do it all yourself, or leave your general office tasks to Lucy and focus on the aspects that bring you more joy and revenue.
- Proofreading and light editing—Lucy has a special talent for spotting typos and misspellings. It’s easy to run things by her before sending it out to a client.
- Project management for small projects—Lucy excels at logistics, planning, and keeping projects on schedule. Includes event management too.
- Lifestyle management—Personal duties include paying bills, booking restaurants & events, house moving, researching cheaper utility companies, etc.
- Resume/LinkedIn updating—Reviewing, enhancing your profile, updating & proofreading. This is another frequent request handled by Lucy.
Lucy was a trooper and drove all the way out to our place which was not at all convenient and then gamely waded into our unorthodox setting and helped us get some things organized that really needed it. She even kept my husband’s nose to the organizational grindstone which is not an easy thing to do. Maybe it was because she actually stood over him at his desk while he did it! However she managed it, we will happily hire her again to take the process further.” —Jennifer Flower (Sausalito, California)
See what Lucy’s other clients are saying. Read more testimonials >>
I also offer gift certificates for most of my services. Contact me for more information.