1. Email Newsletter Management: I don’t know about you, but I have way too many newsletters cluttering up my email box. If you are ready to purge, try Unroll.Me. This is 100% free. Instantly see a list of all your subscription emails. Unsubscribe easily from whatever you don’t want. I love that they send me an email once in a while, so that I continue to clean up my email newsletters regularly. There is also mailstrom.co.
2. Shredding old receipts: Are you wedded to every receipt you have ever been given? It’s time to shred! Either treat yourself to a sturdy home machine that is easily accessible in your home office, or load them up in some large garbage bags and take them to a local shredding center. If you are in doubt about what to keep or not, and for how long, here is a link to the IRS. I keep mine on my desk and plugged in. I have no excuse not to use it!
3. Keeping track of Business & Personal Mileage: I just discovered this free app, MileIQ, and I am in love! Really easy to use. You can categorize work, medical and personal mileage. Also, syncs with your computer and you can print out reports.
4. Tracking Expenses: Here is another freebie to check out. Expensify.com, which is downloadable and free to your phone & computer. Scan your receipts (then you can shred them!), and classify what they are for. I totally love Expensify. Very easy to set up and use.
5. Making lists: Are you a list maker? Is that how you keep organized? Give Wunderlist.com a try. This is a free app for your phone and computer. You can make as many lists as you like, you can collaborate with others, share lists, cross things off to your heart’s content, and so on. I love that it syncs to all of your devices as well.
What’s your favorite organizing tool?